- Catalina del RIO
Died before 1510
Buried: Muñoveros, Segovia, Castile, Spain
Statue of Juan Bravo in Segovia
- Maria CORONEL
- Children of second marriage:
- Andrea BRAVO de MENDOZA
- Juan BRAVO de MENDOZA
- After his first marriage Juan Bravo moved to Segovia.
- In October 1519 he was appointed alderman and chief of the militia of Segovia.
- Together with Juan Lopez de Padilla and Francisco Maldonado he fought against the troops of King Carlos I (Holy Roman Emperor Charles V) in the Castilian War of the Communities. After their defeat at the Battle of Villalar he and the other leaders of the revolt were executed by beheading.
The Execution of the Comuneros of Castile, by Antonio Gisbert.
Juan Bravo allegedly asked to die first, so as not to witness the death of so good a knight as Padilla.
There is a confilct of information between the details that I originally recorded and that available on the internet.
- Cataline or Catalina del RIO is shown in my original files as being the wife of Juan PEREZ CORONEL, son of Abraham SENIOR.
- Other sources show her as the first wife of Juan BRAVO de MENDOZA.
- The wife of Juan BRAVO de MENDOZA is originally recorded as Maria, daughter of Inigo LOPES CORONEL al CAMERERO, son of Abraham SENIOR.
- Other sources show Maria CORONEL, a daughter of Abraham Senior, as being the second wife of wife of Juan BRAVO de MENDOZA.